Thursday, February 17, 2011

Basket of Vintage Baubles


A small sampling from my collection of vintage costume jewelry, that I am in the process of photographing to add to my Etsy shop.  Most of these are mid-century, meaning that they are 50 to 60 years old! Things from that era were so well made that they are able to be collected, worn and treasured by vintage loving women today.

Think about the costume jewelry currently being offered in your local department store for a moment.  Will it survive 50 or 60 years?  Will it be treasured, or trashed? 

I don't know the answer to that question, but I bet that a few of these pieces will still be in use.

Have a happy and treasure filled day! XO

2 comments:

  1. I love your new site design!

    And, yes, things are not made today the way they were back then! I can't wait to see your collection on Etsy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nichole, I am enjoying the new design!

    I am slow adding pieces to Etsy; it's a time consuming process. But fun! I hope that you decide to add a few yourself. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita