Monday, January 10, 2011

Taking up the hoop and needle.

From the moment that I started embroidering again, the hardest thing I have to do is to put it down, and get on with life!  There is a house to be cleaned, a man and two dogs to be fed, and errands to run. <sigh> But I consider myself very fortunate to be able to stay at home while on a hiatus from work.  Life IS good!

While I consider myself creative, I have a hard time with a pen and paper.  What is in my head never looks quite right there.  Luckily my significant other is very talented in that regard, and has been drafted into service helping me to create some original embroidery patterns.  In the meantime, I have been having a great time with all of the choices out there in cyber world available for purchase!

My first discovery in that regard was Sublime Stitching.  If you are not familiar with the talents of Jenny Hart, you must visit her.  Toot sweet!  she can be found at http://www.sublimestitching.com/.  My first piece using her patterns is a sampler from her book "Embroidered Effects".





This was a great project that helped me relearn some stitches I had forgotten, and to get a bit better at some I was more familiar with.  And it is such a thrill to complete a project!  Both a sense of accomplishment and something pretty to hang on a wall in my craft area.  Win, win and win.

i am just a few stitches away from finishing another of Jenny Hart's pretty designs, this one a collaboration with another artist.  I can't wait to share it with you!

Have a crafty day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita