Monday, January 17, 2011

Beautiful Crissy

This is a Beautiful Crissy doll from 1969. This particular version of the doll, with "Hair That Grows Down to Her Toes", was only sold for the first part of one production year.  After that, she was made and sold as the doll with "Hair That Grows and Grows and Grows", and had hair that ended at her butt. 



I just love her!  It turns out that I am not the only one; there is a world of collectors of these beautiful dolls in all of her versions. 

A big part of the fun of collecting them is their extensive wardrobe, one that rivals the mod Barbie collection of the 1970's.  Not only were there many outfits available for purchase, there were at least four clothing pattern sets issued in the 1970's for custom made outfits.  I have been lucky enough to find them, and look forward to making some, both for my own collection and to sell on my Etsy shop.  Keep an eye out! The shop will be up and running as soon as I can complete a dozen or so items to offer for sale. 

Happy sewing!

1 comment:

  1. OH WOW! My mum has a Chrissy doll with the growing hair!! I think its awesome!
    I'll send her this link - hi mum when you read this :)

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
Thank you for taking the time to comment! ! I want this to be a space of free and open dialog, within the boundaries of respect and basic human kindness. Whether we are in agreement or not, all comments will be published so long as they meet that requirement.
xo, Anita